Our current owner took a family vacation to see the World Exposition in Vancouver in 1986, saw the big ferries leaving Vancouver and asked
“where are they going?”. The reply was, “to Vancouver Island, the fishing and camping is fantastic, you should check it out”………and the rest is history. Tim Mitchell and his family fell in love with the Qualicum Bay area, made some lifelong friends and jumped on the opportunity to purchase the Sea Flame when it came up for sale in 1988. Since then, countless families have found the same magical vacation experiences making many precious friends and memories.
Over the years we have had many wonderful Managers who truly embodied the idea of creating a family orientated Resort experience for our guests. Our current Managers Laura, Morgan and their son Oliver, have really put their mark on the Sea Flame. Everywhere you look you can see their thoughtful creative touch that makes you feel so relaxed, welcome and at home.
When you arrive to check in you will most likely be greeted by their big friendly dog Hunter, who loves everyone, especially if you throw his ball.
- A 25% deposit due at time of booking for cabins, RV spots and Sea Flame RV rentals.
- RV spots and Sea Flame RV rental cancellation policy. If cancelling 14 days (or longer) prior to your arrival date, the deposit will be refunded less a $25 administration fee. Cancellations less than 14 days to your arrival, no refund of your deposit will be provided.
- Cabin 1, 2, 3 and Log Home cancellation policy. If cancelling 30 days (or longer) prior to your arrival date, the deposit will be refunded less a $25 admin fee. If no cancellation notice is received 30 days prior to your arrival date, no refund of your deposit will be provided.
- No shows will be charged full amount of the booking.
- Winter Sea Flame RV renters are responsible for the re-filling of provided propane tanks.
The Sea Flame was named after the breathtaking sunrise over the ocean. As the sun and sky reflects on the water, it looks as though it’s on fire.